The nib Group has a mission and vision of people enjoying better health. Through our success, we aspire to more prosperous and sustainable communities, not only the creation of enterprise value.
nib is a trusted health partner, helping members and travellers make more informed healthcare decisions, transact with healthcare systems and generally live healthier lives. We’re looking for people who share this passion and want to be a part of a team that has the appetite and ambition to be extraordinary. Extraordinary comes in different perspectives and experiences. We’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to be their authentic selves, every day.
nib offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
As an integral part of the team, your expertise in security tooling, drive for improvement and championing operational best practice will see you find solutions to customer needs. You will strive to build secure and stable systems and deliver service improvements that drive business benefits. Working in an agile team, you will seeking improved outcomes and work to implement these, as well as be called upon for subject matter expertise in resolution of complex issues within Information Security.
This role is open to being located anywhere we have our office hubs (Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle). If you are located elsewhere, talk to us about how we can make it work. You will report to the Cloud Operations Manager working in a close-knit team.
Part of the IT Operations team, this is a group of collaborative high performers who are motivated by a challenge. The IT operations ensure the group is building systems that support our customer needs. Pushing boundaries, changing and growing with technology, this team is excited by exploring emerging tech.
We are looking for someone with an appetite for all things cloud security, as well as:
- A good grasp of security practices and design principles
- Solid understanding of key IT components; networking, business systems, cloud computing and security specific tool sets and security in the cloud
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery through automation, Infrastructure As Code, process re-engineering and release management
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills and attention to detail,
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritise and multi-task while proactively managing stakeholder expectations
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision to meet important deadlines
- Desirable: best practice frameworks/accreditations such as AWS Security Pro, CEH, CISM, CISSP and CISA.
The nib Group is a highly collaborative, purpose led and values driven organisation. To support you at work (and play), we offer some fantastic benefits including but not limited to:
- Employee health insurance discounts
- Employee share plans
- Volunteer leave
- Paid parental leave
- Gym discounts and fitness incentives
- Short-term incentive programs
- Educational assistance
- Flexible work options, including work from home
At nib Group, we welcome original thinkers and encourage innovation, diversity and collaboration to drive our purpose of your better health for our members and travellers.
We embrace a flexible working environment and welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds aiming to create a work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation and education are valued to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check (including criminal history and bankruptcy check) prior to commencement of employment.